We spotted Cane Tutorial through google browsing then we ended to Pinterest. Pinterest is an online pinboard where you can share and organize your photos and many people are using this by posting their DIY Tutorials. There’s a bunch of DIY & Crafts that you can find there.
And here’s what we’ve spotted; a beautiful cane tutorial by different Clay Enthusiast.
Butterfly wings – a beautiful cane made by Kalinkapolinka. This cane is a very helpful in making our handmade crafts such as making your jewelries or accessories or any design that you’ve wanted to make.
See the full tutorial on Kalinkapolinka sites.
Flower cane – made by Andrea.z style. Her tutorial was written in Romanian but you can translate it when you are using Google browser. Try to make one. See her full tutorials by clicking below.
Abstract cane – or she called it the Behold cane made by Dora. It is indeed amazing cane by turning her clay into an abstract cane. I guess this is good on covering a glass or making frames. See her full tutorials below.
ENJOY making your own CANE. We welcome and accepting a photo results of your handmade cane. You may send it to email@example.com Have fun!
Since ArtNouveauPh blog are new, we wanted to filled it with full of tutorials. We are looking and working for more tutorials that we wanted to post.
We wanted to share the RECYCLED CONTAINER made out of drink bottle. So here’s the tutorial for recycled container for your stuff or materials you wanted to situated. This is inspired by Hush Potato and re-make by The Joyful Crafter with the polymer clay flower design.
This is the image or handmade recycled container by Hush Potato. To see the full tutorials or steps on making recycled tool container, visit Hush Potato blog Or click the Full Tutorial below.
And here’s the recycled container by The Joyful Crafter. Isn’t it beautiful? Of course it’s indeed beautiful. To read the full article by TJC see and click below.
So what are you waiting for make your own tool container. It is always good to make a recycled thingy. 🙂
For every Artists taking photos are very important especially those who are selling their handmade online whether you are not good on taking photos or a professional one it is also your job to practice some simple skills. Click and click, Edit-Edit and Posting the photos are usually we do, but do not forget it is also good to have a great shot of your works so your handmade will also amazingly stand out and not to put on a waste one. It is like what you photograph is what people see who or how good you are.
We know, not every Artist are afford to have a good camera like a camera of a professional but some people used a phone cameras only. Sometimes it is also a matter of Art by taking it passionately like when we are making our handmade. Since we are Artist and a Filipino, being artistic and practical are one of our attitudes. We can always make a way to made it beautifully.
So here’s our tips and DO-IT-YOURSELF.
But before the steps we wanted to share the important things you need to consider;
- A camera – we recommend a good or high quality camera; digital or a professional camera
- Lightbox – a useful tool especially for photographing small things, you can always buy or make your own light-box.
- Lightning – the most beautiful lightning you can find is the sun, however the weather doesn’t always cooperate especially if we have a bad weather one. But you can also buy a photography lights or lamps for taking a photos.
- Focusing & Shooting – by taking a shot you need to balance your lens or your camera. You can also buy a tripod for steadying your camera cos no matter how our hands are steady there is always a chance that it will blurred or shake your shots.
- Background – choose your best background; but if you notice on picturing a jewelry or an artwork they tend to use a white background so the artwork will always stand and not the background.
- Editing – sometimes we need to edit our images not to change the image, but it also help to lighted your image plus as an Artist we always wanted to put our name or your watermark on the photo. We know some people tend to theft your handmade photos that’s why some of you are putting a watermarks on the center or mostly where the artwork sees or over the images. But for the tips, we’ve learned that if you are an Artist or making your own mark by doing a handmade, do not or never put your watermarks where your handmade sees, cos your artwork will be unseen and the image of your artwork will spoiled as well. So preserved your handmade as fresh that never fades.
This tutorial is not about how to be a professional but is to make a light box of yours. It is also a great way on taking your handmade photos. So here’s the steps on making your own light-box.
Materials that you need on making
- A box like a balikbayan box
- A hobby cutter or X-acto knife or a Scissor
- Glue or Tape
- Ruler and Pencil/Pen
- Card board / Paper / Fabric
- Semi-transparent white material like tracing papers, nylon, fabrics that are transparent or the katsa fabric.
STEP ONE: CUTTING
- Lay the box flat on your cutting matt or flat surface
- Using the ruler and pencil you need to form or draw a box line in all sides equally – to the top and the four sides of box body except for the bottom or the box butt. Essentially you want to cut a hole in all sides of the box. See the example image that we’ve found in google, just like that.
- Now cut those draw line to create a hole
STEP TWO: WRAPPING
- Before wrapping your light-box, do not forget to tape the box butt to make it closed
- After cutting those sides, we need to wrapped those sides by using the semi-transparent white materials
- Wrap the outside with semi-transparent white materials on all sides that you’ve cut using glue or tape
STEP THREE: SETTING-UP
- And we’re almost done. We need to set up the little light-box or studio that we’ve made
- You need to prepare a white card board or paper or a fabric; this will be your background
- Put your chosen background inside your light-box, it is also great if it’s fitted on the light-box
- Make sure your background inserted as a curve like a wave so there is no edges or line sees when taking a shot
- Prepare your light or photography lamp, you can have two or more lamp, lights side by side or much better if you experiment to see better results
- Ready your camera and take a shot
- And finally you have your own DIY LIGHT BOX!
Here’s the sample image in setting-up your background; (image sample are not owned by ArtNouveauPh)
GOOD LUCK my fellow Artists! Let’s Take a GREAT SHOT!
JOIN and TAKE the first ArtNouveauPh challenge for this coming December, the month of celebrating the birthday of our beloved Jesus Christ and of course spending a Merry merry Christmas with our family and love ones.
December Theme Challenge: JINGLE ORNAMENTS!For every Filipinos, Christmas are not complete without busy preparing for their deliciously meals, buying new dress and gifts for their love ones, struggling for the crowded markets, and of course it is never completed without decorating our outdoor and indoor filled with colorful christmas decorations and those sparkling lights at night that attracts each people eyes. Christmas are the best holiday or moment ever for every Filipino. So since it’s Christmas, we wanted to challenge registered artists by making Christmas Decorations that we called JINGLE ORNAMENTS. Are you ready to take the Challenge101? Well, I guess you must. Not only because you will develop a new technique, and not only to create and to be recognized. There is two deep reasons to take the Challenge101; First, it is also a way by promoting your challenge design and ArtNouveauPh will offer you to put your design in our showcase or the WebShop section, It is also your chance to sell your challenge design by promoting it publicly especially in Facebook page. And since many people are getting ready for the christmas season and their actively looking for a unique christmas decoration, this is our big chance to advertise our hand made jingle ornaments and to take and encourage people to buy or order a very extraordinary Christmas decorations. And the Second reason are simply to spent our Christmas by showing or sharing our talents that God’s given to us, and this is the only way that we will give it back to him as a gift.
CHALLENGE 101 Details:
What is Ornament?
- Adorn; beautify
- A thing used to adorn something but usually having no practical purpose, esp. a small object such as a figurine
- A quality or person adding grace, beauty, or honor to something
- Decoration added to embellish something, esp. a building
- Embellishments and decorations, such as trills or grace notes, added to a melody
- The accessories of worship, such as the altar, chalice, and sacred vessels
What Kind of Ornament?
- A round, ball or circle shape
- Made out of polymer or air dr clay
- Can be added in any embellishments such as beads+paints+findings, etc.
- In any sizes; small, medium or much bigger
- In any different colors
- How many? Three (3) ornaments are enough but it is also good if you make more
Tips on making your Jingle Ornaments: If you want to make your ornament to have a light weight and not to spend too much clay; try to look or find a round ball styrofoam, I guess you can buy it at National Book store or other hobby shop.
When to be submitted or the Deadline?
- Your final image photo will be submitted on November 18, Sunday (why Nov 18? so we can have more time to promote our handmade design)
- You can only submit ONE photo, make sure all your handmade design are in one whole image only (like the example image below)
- You must also submit a simple DESCRIPTION on how you made it or what materials did you use or maybe your thoughts or experiences while making it. Make your self speaks so it may inspired your self especially those who indeed adored your very own humble creations
- Submit or Send it at firstname.lastname@example.org make your mail SUBJECT > Jingle Ornaments
Tips on capturing or taking an image shot of your handmade creation: READ HERE
Reminder for the Participants:
- All participants must be accountable to submit their final handmade design on the said deadline
- Participants must agree to all challenges rules and terms
- Once you sign up for the challenge, you are responsible to take and make your participation. So be responsible.
- ArtNouveauPh will offer you to sell it and we will promoting it by our webshop+facebook page
- ArtNouveauPh will not just help you to developed your skills and to promote your creations but also to challenge yourself and find out what’s your weakest and the strongest side and then don’t give up to harvest your skills, even it is strongest or the weakest one, the importance is you never fear or failed to tried your very best.
Here’s a sample of handmade christmas ornaments;
(this image sample are not owned by ArtNouveauPh)
GOOD LUCK ArtNouveauPh Artists! We are so excited to see your INIMITABLE HANDMADE CREATION of yours!
Welcome to ArtNouveauPh!
We are Filipino Artists in the Philippines that passionately creates a handmade design using polymer clay or air dry clay with any crafts materials thingy.
We introduce the new level up challenges, activities, events, and projects for every ArtNouveauPh members. We are also excited to promote and sells every Artist crafts hand made.
Know more about us by visiting our ArtNouveaPh website+shop.
See you there fellas! 🙂